Last Updated: June 10, 2022
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you create an account, create a profile, tagline or bio, make a payment, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, payment information and any other information you choose to provide.
The Services include the ability to record interactive conversational videos (each a “StoryFile Video”) and to ask questions and otherwise interact with StoryFile Videos created by you or third parties. When you record a StoryFile Video, we capture your voice and likeness as well as any information you provide in your StoryFile Video. When you interact with StoryFile Videos through the Services, an audio file of your voice is captured and processed, and a transcript of your interaction is created from the audio file. The audio file is not retained after it is processed, but the transcript may be retained and used as described in the section on Use of Information below.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly from you. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services and any products or services we provide, including to create and facilitate your interactions with StoryFile Videos;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services and any products or services we provide;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Company and others;
- Personalize your online experience;
- Test, maintain, and improve the Services and the technology we use, including the use of StoryFile Videos, transcripts, and other information for quality control, research and development, and data analysis purposes;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as speech recognition providers, payment processors, and other vendors who assist us in providing and maintaining the Services and otherwise providing support for the internal operations of the Services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you. For example, we may produce reports on the most popular search terms by collecting general search term data based on individual searches, and we may provide or enable access to non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information to third parties.
If you invite others to join your StoryFile Circle or set the privacy setting of your StoryFile Video to public, your StoryFile Video may be available to others in accordance with such invitations and settings.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Company is based in the United States and we process and store information in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
If you wish to delete your account, you can do so at any time through your dashboard, or you may email email@example.com to request deletion of your account and data, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. You may also delete your StoryFile Videos through the dashboard.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Company by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.